Kenya Highlands Evangelical University January 2018 Intake
Kenya Highlands Evangelical University January 2018 Intake is ongoing. Applicants are to apply after making sure that they meet the admission requirements and qualify for application.
Kenya Highlands University seeks to admit a broad constituency of students who demonstrate maturity of character, vitality of Christian experience, and promise for academic and vocational success. Such qualities are reflected in students who have laid a solid foundation in their secondary school experience, not only by developing their intellectual potential, but by shaping their moral character and life purpose in a direction consistent with the philosophy of Christian liberal arts education.
Consideration is given therefore, to personal qualities of character as well as academic achievement in reviewing applicants for admission. Prospective students are encouraged to visit the campus in order to experience first-hand the academic and character standards forged at KHU. Faculty, staff, and students are eager to complement the information in this catalogue with a personal perspective.
1. Every applicant must submit the following items:
- A non-refundable application fee as per programme requirements.
- Photocopies of school records: KCE/KACE/KCSE result slip, school leaving certificate, diplomas, transcripts or their equivalent. Originals of these and the national ID card must be presented at the time of initial registration.
- Two recent passport size photographs (with your name printed on the back of each).
- A fully completed student application form (e.g. responses to all questions and essays) with all the required supporting forms and documents including:
- Three completed personal reference forms properly submitted according to the application packet instructions by the required referees.
- The Code of Conduct, Philosophy and Ethos Statement, and Statement of Faith, form signed and dated.
- A signed statement of sponsorship indicating how fees will be paid.
- Emergency contact form completed and signed.
- Medical form filled out by a certified physician or clinical officer, dated and signed.
2. Foreign applications
- If certificates or recommendations are in a language other than English, they must be translated and attested to by an authorized person. Both copies must be submitted.
- Results from the TOEFL examination may be required for students whose language of secondary education was other than English.
3. Applicant acceptance
- Following receipt of completed application forms, applicants will be notified in writing of their acceptance or non-acceptance based on the recommendation of the Admission Committee. Students with incomplete applications will not be considered for full admission until the application is complete.
- Accepted candidates who fail to appear for registration on the date indicated in the admission letter are liable to forfeiture of their admission for that academic year.