Mount Kenya University January 2018 Intake
Mount Kenya University January 2018 Intake is ongoing. Applicants are to apply after making sure that they meet the admission requirements and qualify for application.
OPEN, DISTANCE AND ELECTRONIC LEARNING (ODEL)
Mount Kenya University Directorate of Open, Distance and Electronic Learning (ODEL) offers Certificate, Diploma,
Bachelors, Masters and PhD programmes through two modes: Digital (Virtual) learning and Distance and
Institution-based Learning (DIBL).
- The Digital Learning is a web based mode of learning that offers opportunities to online students who have no opportunities for a face to face interaction. The instructor student interaction is online through the Digital Learning Management System.
- The DIBL is a blended mode of study where one-third of the learning is delivered through face-to-face (14 hours) while two-thirds (28 hours) is done through web-based learning.
- Face-to-face learning takes place during school holidays ( December, April, and August) while the web-based learning is done through Virtual Learning Management System (VLMS).
- The learning materials for web-based learning are developed by qualified module developers.
DIGITAL LEARNING PROGRAMMES
SCHOOL OF SOCIAL SCIENCES
- Master of Arts in Counseling Psychology
- Master of Arts in Development Studies
- Master of Arts in International Relations and Diplomacy
- Master of Arts in Law Enforcement and Justice Administration
- Master of Arts in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Master of Arts in Governance and Ethics
- Master of Arts in Security Studies and Criminology
- Bachelor of Arts in Security Studies and Criminology
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Media and Communication
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration and Governance
- Bachelor of Arts in Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution
- Bachelor of Counseling Psychology
- Bachelor of Development Studies
- Diploma in Community Development and Social Work
- Diploma in Security Studies and Criminology
- Diploma in Public Relations and Diplomacy
- Certificate in Security Studies and Criminology
SCHOOL OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
- Master of Arts in Public Administration and Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science in Procurement and Supplies Management
- Master of science in project planning and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Project Planning and Management
- Bachelor of Business Management
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts in Public Administration
- Bachelor of Office Management and Administration
- Diploma in Banking and Finance
- Diploma in Business Management
- Diploma in Project Management
- Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Diploma in Procurement and Supplies Management
- Diploma in Marketing Management
- Certificate in Banking and Finance
- Certificate in Business Management
- Certificate in Human Resource Management
- Certificate in procurement and supplies management
SCHOOL OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATICS
- Bachelor of Business Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Information Science
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
SCHOOL OF EDUCATION
- Master of Education
- Post Graduate Diploma in Education
- Bachelor of Education in Early Childhood Studies
- Bachelor of Education (Arts)
SCHOOL OF CLINICAL MEDICINE
- Bachelor of Science in Health Records and Information Management
SCHOOL OF NURSING
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
- Master of Public Health
- Master of Science in Community Health
- Master of Public Health-Nutrition
- Master of Science in Health Education, Promotion and Development
- Master of Public Health in Reproductive Health
- Master of Science in Health System Management
- Bachelor of Science in Health System Management
- Employees wishing to upgrade their skills as they continue with their uninterrupted schedules.
- International Students willing to pursue their career with Mount Kenya University on Digital Learning Mode.
- School leavers wishing to pursue university education through cost effective mode of delivery
Apply to the Registrar, Academic Administration, enclosing copies of relevant academic/professional
certificates and Ksh. 1,000, or USD 50 for foreign students, (Undergraduates, Diploma and Certificates) and
Ksh. 2,000 or USD 100 for foreign students, (Postgraduate Programmes) application fee deposited in any of
the following accounts.
Account Name: Mount Kenya University
- Equity Bank – 0090292435067
- GT Bank – 2014200002
- Standard Chartered Bank – 0102049817400
- Family Bank – 005000019336
- Kenya Commercial Bank – 1121032222
- Dollar account (KCB) -1173740309 (swift No. KCBLKENX)
- National Bank of Kenya – 01047093018900
- NIC Bank – 21200008796
- Fees: Flexible fees payment in instalments-40% on registration.
- Examinations: All students sit for exams in Local and Regional MKU Campuses and Centres. International students sit for the exams in the approved selected Kenyan Embassies of their host Country.
- Student support: All digital learning students inluding international students get both academic, administration and technical support from the university academic staff, online tutors, e-coordinators and the technical team at MKU Campuses, Centres and Thika main campus in Thika.
- Duration: Master Programmes: 4 semesters; Bachelor Programmes: 8 semesters, Diploma: 2 academic years and certificate:1½ academic years – download the 2017/2018 university prospectus HERE to confirm the course entry requirements and fees payable .For more information and application form, visit www.mku.ac.ke or apply online at https://application.mku.ac.ke/umis/application/
Mount Kenya University
Directorate of Open Distance and Electronic Learning ,
MAIN CAMPUS P.O. Box 342 – 01000 THIKA. Tel: +254 67 2820 000 Cell: 0702041042
Cell: 0720 790796 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Nyeri office: +254723356247, Garissa: +254724299449, Kisumu: 0724204193,
Malindi 0721123695, Uganda: +256758666190, Burundi: email@example.com
Hargeisa, Somaliland: firstname.lastname@example.org